The Ultimate Lab Safety Bundle for Science Teachers
Thank you for considering my product, The Ultimate Lab Safety Bundle for Science Teachers. As science teachers, it is our responsibility to bring science to life for our students by exposing them to as much lab work and experimentation as possible, while maintaining a very safe environment. I stress safety from day 1 and continue to stress it throughout the school year.
These lab safety materials can be used with any science class and with grades 6-12. Answers are included with documents that require answers, such as the lab safety quiz and the lab safety activity.
Here is what you will find in this bundle of lab safety materials:
1. Lab Safety Powerpoint Presentation: 30 slides that are fun and visually appealing
2. Lab Safety Notes for the Teacher: This is a 5 page document and is what the Powerpoint is based on.
3. Lab Safety Notes for the Student: This is a 5 page handout to give to the students while you are presenting the rules via the PowerPoint presentation. It is incomplete; the student will fill in the blanks and empty spaces as they watch the PowerPoint.
4. Lab Safety Contract: I require that all students and their parents sign the lab safety contract.
5. Lab Safety Activity. Take your students to the lab on the first day to complete this short, 20 minute activity. It consists of 14 questions to help familiarize them with the lab. Answers are included.
6. Lab Safety Quiz. This is a short quiz over all lab safety rules. Answers are included,
7. Medical Emergency Form. This is a personal information form for each student. This information will be needed by the instructor in case of an accident.
8. Pre-Lab Worksheet: I require my students to read the lab procedure prior to lab day and bring this completed pre-lab worksheet to class with them on lab day.
I have included all of these documents as both a Word document and as a pdf file. Please feel free to edit and fine-tune these materials to meet the needs of your individual situation. All of these documents are easily editable. I hope you find this bundle helpful.
This product is included in my Science Skills Mega-Bundle of 61 files.This Science Skills Bundle contains 61 different files on science skills, including metric system, scientific method, scientific notation, graphing, significant digits, experimental design, comparing and contrasting and more.
You might also be interested in:
Lab: Use of Lab Equipment and Data Analysis Skills
Scientific Method Task Cards
Introduction to Biology: Scientific Method, Graphing, Themes of Biology, Microscope
Graphing Practice Problems
FREE Scientific Method PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Scientific Method Homework / Study Guide
Science Skills Reinforcement: Graphing, Applying the Scientific Method, Experimental Design, and Scientific Writing
What's In a NAme? (A Study of Biological Prefixes and Suffixes)
Science Skills Worksheet and PowerPoint: Comparing and Contrasting
Science Skills Lab: Student Designed Experiment
Tabling, Graphing and Analyzing Data
Graphic Organizer for Writing Science Lab Reports
Free! Graphic Organizer for Reading Science Informational Text
Metric Measurement Task Cards - Set of 90
FREE Science Lab Inventory Form
I hope that you will follow me at:
My TpT Store
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)