By reader request!
This item was created due to reader demand. Many of the literacy centers that KindergartenWorks has to offer will work with what you already have in your classroom! Teachers wanted the literacy center posters that went along with each center and featured the Common Core Standards listed in plain view. You asked for it! Here are the eight literacy center posters that use more clasroom materials and hands-on items that you probably already have!
This product includes:
- Illustrator Center Poster, Workboard Icon and Labels
- Retell Center Poster (click here to read more) and Workboard Icon
- Big Book Center Poster, Workboard Icon, Labels and framing cards
- Author Writing Center Poster, Workboard Icon and Labels
- Listening Center Poster, Workboard Icon and Labels
- Library Center Poster and Workboard Icon
- Puppet Center Poster, Workboard Icon and Labels
- Puzzle Center Poster and Workboard Icon
Helps Meet Common Core English/Language Arts Standards:
(See posters to see which standards and sub standards apply)
- K.W.1 - Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to compose opinion pieces in which they tell a reader the topic or the name of the book they are writing about and state an opinion or preference about the topic or book
- K.W.2 - Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to compose informative/explanatory texts in which they name what they are writing about and supply some information about the topic.
- K.W.3 - Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to narrate a single event or several loosely linked events, tell about the events in the order in which they occurred, and provide a reaction to what happened.
- K.W.6 - With guidance and support from adults, explore a variety of digital tools to produce and publish writing, including in collaboration with peers.
- K.SL.1 - Participate in collaborative conversations with diverse partners about kindergarten topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups.
- K.SL.4 - Describe familiar people, places, things, and events and, with prompting and support, provide additional detail.
- K.SL.5 - Add drawings or other visual displays to descriptions as desired to provide additional detail
- K.SL.6 - Speak audibly and express thoughts, feelings, and ideas clearly.
- K.RL.1 - With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
- K.RL.2 - With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
- K.RL.5 - Recognize common types of texts (e.g., storybooks, poems).
- K.RL.9 - With prompting and support, compare and contrast the adventures and experiences of characters in familiar stories.
- K.RL.10 - Actively engage in group reading activities with purpose and understanding
- K.RF.1 - Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print.
- K.RF.2 - Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
- K.RF.3 - Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
- K.RF.4 - Read emergent-reader texts with purpose and understanding.
- K.RI.5 - Identify the front cover, back cover, and title page of a book.
- K.RI.7 - With prompting and support, describe the relationship between illustrations and the text in which they appear.
- K.RI.10 - Actively engage in group reading activities with purpose and understanding.
- K.L.1 - Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
- K.L.2 - Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.