This is a 17-slide PowerPoint presentation on the basics of fractions. The presentation includes:
1) overview of fraction vocabulary (numerator, denominator);
2) overview of fractions as parts of wholes and sets;
3) fractions written as division expressions (with independent practice);
4) proper and improper fractions (with independent practice differentiating between);
5) conversion of improper fractions to mixed numbers (with guided and independent practice);
6) conversion of mixed numbers to improper fractions (with guided and independent practice).
Council Traditional IB School
I am ing my 19th year of teaching and have taught in grades 2, 3, 4, and 5. I have also served as an elementary writing coach.
In addition to teaching, I am a writing consultant for several universities in my home state of Alabama.