Set of 8 Smartboard word problem frames that can be filled in "Mad-Lib" style.
In the beginning of the year fill them in as a whole group and model, model, model what you want.
(It is also a great way to introduce parts of speech!)
As the year goes on you can fill in the blanks all together, then have students draw the pictures and write the math problems on their own.
The final expectation is that students will be able to use these as writing frames for their own word problems.
I love these because...
1. Using students' names builds interest
2. You can link the problems to your thematic, holiday, or science focus.
3. You can differentiate depending on level of the student. (one digit, two digit, three digit....)
4. Students hopefully will never do the same exact problem twice.
5. Great center or early finisher activity
2 addition frames
2 subtraction frames
1 part-part whole frame
1 classification problem frame
2 comparison probem frames