Using this kit and practical hands-on materials, build a stress free zone with your middle and secondary students.
Marks of a Stress Free Learning Zone contains 10 posters and other visuals to display as you build brain-friendly settings and discover genius beyond stress.
The 10 posters, additional images and whole brain tasks included in this kit will help you respond to daily classroom stressors in ways that build vibrant yet calm learning zones for all teens.
Using the posters facilitates your learners to find better focus, learning enjoyment, curiosity builders, caring communities, increased retention, fewer frustrations, and less boredom.
These materials show students how the stress hormone – known as cortisol – literally robs learning benefits and shuts down opportunities for students to grow,
In a stress-free zone, students’ serotonin (the brain’s well-being chemical) increases learning by capitalizing on new talents, and opening minds to a new world of opportunities, unavailable to a stressed mind.
Why let stress shrink your brain (and research shows that happens daily to people who accept anxiety). Rather than allow stress to rain on your party, why not risk acting in the opposite direction. How so?
In this kit - 10 posters offer whole brain tasks to drop stress that kills and raise IQ. Display posters with easy to apply tactics, as a reminder to:
1. Fix relationships by looking through another person’s view.
2. Grow confidence when misunderstood - by laughing at self.
3. Focus better by listening to music that upgrade brainwaves.
4. Monitor your inner voice to spot solutions when problems arise.
5. Lower expectations, forgive and extend kindness without grudges.
6. Convert boredom into curiosity by choosing to apply new facts.
7. Grow your creativity by developing and using new talents.
8. Chase away distrust by risking a new approach to respect all.
9. Turn failure and regret into success through whole brain talents.
10. Move from unhappy to content by adding play to learning.
For best results, display posters in this kit one or two at a time and chart your progress to show evidence of stress-free learning.
Did you know that:
If students’ stressors include broken friendships, they’ll discover how to cultivate relationships without stress.
If lack of focus robs their best outcomes, they’ll discover tools here for focusing without stress as a way to unleash personal talents.
If misunderstandings toss stress into their day, stress-free zones help them disagree – while maintaining goodwill with those who differ.
Sound like a way to sidestep annoying stressors and steer your brain into becoming the person you’d like peers and others to see in you?
Stress increases when you make negative assumptions about a another person, but decreases when you adopt another’s view.
Find more whole brain learning materials at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ellen-Weber and create stress free zones for your middle and secondary learning communities.