Use this kit and practical hands-on materials to build a stress free zone with your middle and secondary students.
Marks of a Stress Free Learning Zone contains 10 poster possibilities and other visual reminders to stay stress-free.
Display visual triggers as tools to help build brain-friendly settings and discover genius beyond stress.
Images and whole brain tasks included here will encourage your students to respond to daily classroom stressors in ways that build vibrant yet calm learning zones for all.
You'll facilitate your learners to find better focus, learning enjoyment, curiosity builders, caring communities, increased retention, fewer frustrations, and less boredom.
These materials show students how the stress hormone – known as cortisol – literally robs learning benefits and shuts down opportunities for students to grow,
In a stress-free zone, students’ serotonin (the brain’s well-being chemical) increases learning by capitalizing on new talents, and opening minds to a new world of opportunities, unavailable to a stressed mind.
Why let stress shrink your brain when research shows how to escape anxiety? Rather than allow stress to rain on your party, why not risk acting in an opposite direction? How so?
In this kit - students are reminded to:
1. Fix relationships by looking through another person’s view.
2. Grow confidence when misunderstood - by laughing at self.
3. Focus better by listening to music that upgrade brainwaves.
4. Monitor that inner voice to spot solutions when problems arise.
5. Lower expectations, forgive and extend kindness without grudges.
6. Convert boredom into curiosity by choosing to apply new facts.
7. Grow creativity by developing and using new talents.
8. Chase away distrust by risking a new approach to respect all.
9. Turn failure and regret into success through whole brain talents.
10. Move from unhappy to content by adding play to learning.
Why not display posters one or two at a time and chart your progress to show evidence of stress-free learning.
Did you know ~
If students’ stressors include broken friendships , they can discover how to cultivate relationships without stress.
If lack of focus robs their best outcomes, they can discover tools to step forward without stress as a way to unleash personal talents.
If misunderstandings toss conflicts into a class, stress-free zones help students disagree – while maintaining goodwill with those who differ.
Students are challenged to steer their brains into becoming people they'd like peers and others to see in them.
Find more whole brain learning materials at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ellen-Weber and create stress free zones for your middle and secondary learning communities.
Or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if I can help further. Enjoy your stress free zone! Ellen