Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
7.21 MB | 252 pages
I designed Mastery Club years during the early years of my career and have refined it into what it is today. Mastery Club is designed to motivate students and challenge themselves to learn something new. Mastery Club is voluntary and takes very little teacher time to manage. Your students will NOT say they're bored in YOUR classroom!
Students decide which of the 86 challenges they would like to learn about. Students use references and the online links to learn the answer the question, becoming a “1 Star Member.” When 16 challenges have been mastered, students become members of the Hall of Fame. Students track their progress and determine their route through the challenges in this self-directed program.
For the first time ever, I am posting all the materials I created that accompany this awesome program. This set has 252 pages in it and is fully ready to print and use today in your classroom and for years to come!
252 pages of materials included in PDF, Editable PDF, Publisher, and Word formats for you to customize many program components:
• Directions, Hints, and Tips for Implementing Mastery Club in Your Classroom
• Letter Home Explaining Mastery Club
• All Student Recording Answer Sheets – Each challenge has its own recording answer plus there are two blank forms to add more challenges
• Student Answer Sheet Template – generic template so you can customize it to fit challenges you might add to the program
• Teacher Answer Keys – All answer keys and sample answers for open-ended questions with website links to help verity responses
• Teacher Recording Chart – This version is for you to print and put into your grade book to record the number of challenges earned.
• Student Challenge Questions and Achievements Chart – For students to track their own progress
• Challenges and Web Site Links Handout – The web site links are active in this format so you can go to the web site listed
• Challenges List – All challenges listed in 2 columns on one sheet for your grade book.
• Labels or Stickers – These are formatted to print on Avery 8163 2 x 4 inch labels to attach to a student’s Mastery Club folder or binder. Stickers have 3 choices of sayings: Mastery Club, My Mastery Club Folder, and My Mastery Club Binder. Print the ones you choose.
• Stickers to Attach to 86 File Folders in your Mastery Club Crate – There are 3 sheets of labels designed to be printed on Avery 8160 1 x 2-5/8 inch labels. Stickers tell the challenge number and topic.
• Posters - Wall Set of Challenges – This is for you to post on your bulletin board. Posters are printed in large, bold font for good visibility with the 86 challenges listed. Two sets are provided: color and black/white.
• Posters with the Title for Bulletin Board – There are two designs that say, “Join Mastery Club” These can be used to label your crate also.
• Student Certificate of Achievement – There are two choices of the MS Publisher template and two choices of the MS Word version of the template. One is in editable PDF format. These are ready for you to type student achievements into and personalize
• Sample Student Mastery Club certificate filled out
• Poster - Hall of Fame Wall Poster Template – This has colorful title with 5 word art designs ready to click and add student names, number of accomplishments and dates. I save it on my computer and update it by inserting new names each year. I simply reprint and post the newest wall chart.
• Editing Hints & Tips - a handout with helpful ideas for you to customize the Word versions in the set
• Hints for Using Editable PDFs
Note: The MS Word formatted documents do not include graphics. Instructions are included for adding and formatting clip art to these pages.
Teachers have my permission to change the name of the club and personalize it to meet their needs in their state or country. The full program allows you to copy the web site links and web site challenges to your web site. No other materials in this set may be posted online.
Mastery Club has been a yearly component of my classroom for over 20 years and is highly appreciated by students and parents alike. Enjoy Mastery Club!
Teachers also receive permission link to my Mastery Club webpage.
Enjoy the enthusiasm of your students as they self-direct their learning!