Students often need a refresher on basic science and math skills. This product reminds the student how to properly use a metric ruler and how to convert between metric system and English system units. Statistics found in fun animals facts are used as problems to reinforcement conversion between units.
This is a 5 page worksheet for students with a 3 page answer key for teachers.
The worksheet will offer the following:
1. The student will practice using a metric ruler.
2. The student will draw lines of given length using a metric ruler.
3. The student will measure various lines that have been drawn on the worksheet.
4. The student will measure the sides of a 2-dimensional figure and determine the area.
5. The student will measure the sides of a 3-dimensional figure and determine the volume.
6. Using dimensional analysis, the student will convert from one metric unit to another metric unit. (It is assumed that the student will have previous instruction in metric conversions.)
7. Using dimensional analysis, the student will convert from metric units to English units.
This product, along with 11 other related products can also be purchased in a bundled unit called Metric System and Scientific Measurement Unit Plan of 12 products
There are many uses for a worksheet like this one: It makes a great homework assignment, it provides drill and practice for students that need reinforcement, it makes a great quiz/test on the metric system, and it makes a great assignment to leave for a substitute teacher to use.
You will receive a bright and attractive worksheet that is ready to be copied and passed out to your students. You will receive both an editable Word document as well as a pdf of the worksheet.
Answer key for teacher is included.
This can be used in any science or math class for grades 7 -10.
This product is included on my Science Skills CD, a shipped item.
The CD contains 51 different products on science skills, including metric system, scientific method, scientific notation, graphing, significant digits and more.
My other products related to this topic:
Metric System / Scientific Measurement Complete Unit Plan containing 12 separate products
Powerpoint: Metric System and Dimensional Analysis
Quiz: Metric System and Dimensional Analysis
Quiz: Metric System
Homework: Dimensional Analysis
Chapter Test: Scientific Measurement, Metric system, Significant Digits, Dimensional Analysis
Worksheet: Dimensional Analysis
Metric system Jeopardy Game
Lab: Metric Measurements: Mass
Lab: Metric Measurements: Volume and Temperature
Lab: Metric Measurements: Length
Metric System Crossword Puzzle
Measurement Madness Reinforcement Worksheet
What's In a NAme? (A Study of Biological Prefixes and Suffixes)
Science Skills Worksheet and PowerPoint: Comparing and Contrasting
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)