Memorial Day is coming! Use these printable activities to supplement your Memorial Day unit!
***UPDATED! NEW ACTIVITIES ADDED!***
(5) "What's That?" Memorial Day
Memorial Day themed label the picture activities. You can print on cardstock and laminate for students to write on with a dry erase marker or simply slide into a page protector and store in a binder at the writing station. Color and black and white versions included. Perfect for morning work, small groups, writing station or independent practice.
Memorial Day themed ABC order printables
(3) versions included based on ability. Students will write the 10 Memorial Day words in ABC order. Color and black and white versions included.
Build the Sentence
(5) printables. Students will cut out the words at the bottom of the page, build the sentence, glue words in correct order, practice writing the sight word, illustrate the sentence and practice writing the sentence nice and neat! Includes (2) four word sentences, (2) five word sentences and (1) six word sentence.
Making Words Memorial Day
(2) themed printables for students to complete by cutting out the letters to "Memorial Day" and "soldiers" and finding 2, 3, 4 and 5 letter words. Students will write the words they made on the recording sheet.
Writing About Memorial Day
(2) themed graphic organizers (color and black/white included)
(3) versions Memorial Day themed writing paper.
Please download the PREVIEW for a more detailed look at this unit!
If you are happy with this unit, please consider leaving feedback and let others know how you used it in your classroom! :)
My first graders really enjoy these activities! They think the labeling activites are fun and it's great practice for them. Making words with "Memorial Day" is also an awesome activity and even challenges my top students because they want to make sure they've found every possible 2, 3, 4 and 5 letter word! lol! I hope your students enjoyed it as well!