Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
6.43 MB | 24 pages
This 24 slide EDITABLE POWERPOINT contains high resolution images to clearly illustrate the different parts of the microscope. Along with a full microscope diagram to label, each part is examined in more detail to properly illustrate each component, its use and function.
The Microscope Parts - PowerPoint Worksheet that accompanies this PowerPoint will provide prompts, questions and diagrams that follow the PowerPoint step by step. This worksheet is a great way to keep students engaged, focused and taking good notes during the PowerPoint. See below for a link to this product.
This PowerPoint is a part of a larger Microscope Parts - LESSON BUNDLE that includes five other resources to help you teach and assess parts of the microscope. Individually all these products total $12.50, but if purchased in the bundle then it only costs $9.38 (a savings of 25%)
THE COMPONENTS OF THE MICROSCOPE WHICH ARE COVERED:
1) Ocular Lens/Eyepiece
2) Body Tube
5) Objective Lenses
6) Revolving/Rotating Nosepiece
8) Stage Clips
9) Light Source/Illuminator
10) Condenser Lens
12) Coarse Adjustment Knob
13) Fine Adjustment Knob
THE MICROSCOPE POWERPOINT (FOR MORE ADVANCED CLASSES):
This Free Microscope Parts PowerPoint is useful for a general class. However, if you would like to purchase the more ADVANCED POWERPOINT it contains additional slides on the following information:
1) The function of the microscope.
2) The development of the microscope.
3) A comparison between the 4 different types of microscopes and the images they produce (compound light microscope, dissecting microscope, transmission electron microscope and scanning electron microscope).
4) How to calculate magnification.
5) How to make a wet mount (a video on this is also included as a hyperlink)