This is a set of three different homework assignments on cell division, mitosis and meiosis. I most often use these as homework assignments to help the students review the concepts we went over in class, but each of these would also make a great quiz. Each assignment is a 2 page worksheet for the student. After completing these worksheets as homework assignments, students have great study guides for a unit test.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is also sold in a bundled package which can be viewed here: Mitosis and Meiosis Complete Unit Plan
The questions are of varying types and varying difficulty levels. There are compare/contrast, fill in the blank, multiple choice, and modified true/false questions on each worksheet.
All answers are included.
Below is a synopsis of what is covered in each assignment:
Homework Assignment #1 Includes:
1. What are the limits to cell growth? Why do cells divide? What happens if cells grow too large?
2. Overview of cell division: definition of cell division, mother cells, daughter cells.
3. Chromosomes and cell division: replication, chromatids, centromere, mitosis, cytokinesis
4. The cell cycle: definition, events of the cell cycle, the five phases of the cell cycle, the specific events that occur in G1, S, and G2, interphase.
5. The assignment has 16 short answer questions, 6 multiple choice questions, 4 true/false questions.
Homework Assignment #2 Includes:
1. Labeling each stage of mitosis and labeling cell structures, 13 fill in the blank questions about the events of mitosis, 13 short answer questions, 4 multiple choice questions, and 2 True/False questions.
2. The four stages of mitosis and the events in each stage.
3. Cytokinesis and the difference in cytokinesis between plant and animal cells.
4. The importance of mitosis.
5. The result of mitosis in both unicellular and multicellular organisms.
6. Regulation of the cell cycle
Homework Assignment #3 Includes:
1. 23 short answer and fill in the blank questions, 5 multiple choice questions, and 3 true/false questions.
2. The differences between sexual and asexual reproduction; the advantages and disadvantages of each.
3. The terms haploid and diploid; chromosome number in body cells and sex cells
4. Phases of meiosis; the important of meiosis; the results of meiosis
5. Crossing over and the importance of crossing over
6. Comparison between mitosis and meiosis
You will download both an editable Word document as well as a pdf version of the homework worksheets.
You might also be interested in the following:
Mitosis and Meiosis: A complete unit plan of 16 separate products
Mitosis and Meiosis and Cell Division Powerpoint with Notes
Lab: Kinetics of Cell Division
Lab: Chromosome Squashes
Mitosis Quiz or Review Sheet
Crossword Puzzle on Mitosis and Meiosis
Lab: Mitosis in Plant and Animal Cells
Mitosis and Cell Division Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
Meiosis Jeopardy Review Game
Mitosis and Meiosis Unit Test
Mitosis and Meiosis Simulation Lab with Pop Beads