My students love to review using this Jeopardy Powerpoint review game. I have found that my students pay far greater attention to the review when it is in a competitive game format.
This review game has 6 categories with 5 questions in each category. Concepts/terms covered are:
Topics covered are:
1) Limits to Cell Growth - Why do cells divide? What happens if cells grow too large?
2) Cell Division - An Overview
3) Chromosomes During Eukaryotic Cell Division - Covers the terms: Mother cell, daughter cell, mitosis, cytokinesis, replication, sister chromatids, centromere.
4) The Cell Cycle - Covers the 5 phases of the cell cycle
5) Mitosis - Covers prophase, metaphase, anaphase, and telophase with excellent pictures.
7) The Importance of the Cell division Process
8) Regulation of the Cell Cycle
PLEASE NOTE: This PowerPoint is also sold in a bundled package which can be viewed here: Mitosis and Meiosis Complete Unit Plan
This powerpoint jeopardy game consists of 63 slides. Please download my free preview. It has the first 13 slides of the game so that you can get an idea of how it works. The game is limited to 30 questions. For this topic, there are many more possible questions that could be asked. If would be very easy for you to delete some of my questions and add some of your own to make this review game more applicable to your students.
You might also be interested in the following:
Mitosis and Meiosis: A complete unit plan of 16 separate products
Mitosis and Meiosis Powerpoint with Notes
Lab: Kinetics of Cell Division - Mitosis
Lab: Chromosome Squashes
Mitosis Quiz or Review Sheet
Mitosis, Meiosis, Cell Division - Set of 3 Homework Assignments
Crossword Puzzle on Mitosis and Meiosis
Lab: Mitosis in Plant and Animal Cells
Meiosis Jeopardy Review Game
Mitosis and Meiosis Unit Test
Mitosis and Meiosis Simulation Lab with Pop Beads
Amy Brown - Science Stuff