I use this lesson after teaching about equal / not equal parts and introducing my students to fractions (you can see these 2 smart board lessons by clicking the titles below).
This lesson includes:
1. Teacher's Notes
2. Interactive pages to review one half, one third and one fourth
3. Interactive pages to model/teach students how to write 1/2, 1/3, 1/4
4. "Magic Drawing" pages (recorded pages) that model how to draw a shape, divide it into equal parts and label the parts with a fraction
5. Links to 2 interactive fraction websites
6. Suggestions for fraction literature (to read to your students)
7. Worksheet website links
This lesson focuses on 1/2, 1/3, and 1/4. I use it for instruction in my first grade, but could be used as a review or warm up activity in second grade.
Other fraction smartboard lessons you may like!
Equal and Not Equal Parts Fraction Background SmartBoard Lesson
Introduction to Fractions Math SmartBoard Lesson for Primary Grades