This is a power point vocab review game. Just use your projector or television/computer hook-up to project this game to the class. When a student chooses a category, click on it with your mouse and the question will come up! This particular game uses Voigt's "Homecoming" for its vocabulary, but you can plug in your own words and questions. Use it over and over again without wasting paper!
1. Download the presentation and replace the words/questions with your own. If you don't like the categories, then change them!
2. To play, open power point and click "slideshow" and then "from beginning." Click on the option you want (play the game, review the words, or see the answers). (Download the preview to see how this works.)
3. When a student chooses a category, click on it and the question will appear. When the student is done answering, click on "Return to the game board" to go back to the board.
4. Play the game with teams of students, or put the presentation on classroom or library computers and let students play individually. (Hint: if students are playing individually, remove temptation by deleting the "answers" page.)
5. Use this presentation as a template to create more review games. You don't have to stop at vocabulary- it will work for any type of trivia.
Students will love this higher tech version of reviewing, and you will appreciate how much easier it is than using your overhead projector or bulky game boards.