This is such a FUN activity that works perfectly at the end of a mystery genre study. This is an 8 page unit that is ready to print, cut, and put together.
This kit reviews the following ELA skills:
- Short answer
- Making Inferences
- Mystery Genre
- Using Context Clues
- Dictionary Skills
- SO MUCH MORE!
This packet includes:
- The mystery (from kids.mysterynet.com)
- 3 MC Clue Questions
- "Who Done It?" Clue Cards (cut and paste on index cards with 'Who Done It?' on the front, and the 'Yep!', or 'Nope!' on the back)
- File Folder labels (so you can put different activities from this file into cool detective manilla envelopes)
- Report Write Up (short answer to recap mystery)
- Cut/paste clues with suspects
- Vocabulary words from mystery
- Solution to the Mystery
This is SUCH a fun activity! My kids LOVED it! They worked in pairs, and each pair was given a Detective Kit (put together in manilla envelopes that were labeled - "Step 1", "Step 2", and "Solution", with different activities for each step..its up to you what activities you include in "Step 1" & "Step 2" depending on ability and time). It took 2, 45 minute reading lessons to complete, and go over.
Thanks so much! My kids loved it too! We did it over 2 days, and they really thought they were on a detective team! haha :) Let me know how it goes! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Lindsay :)
Ask Primary Polka Dots a question. They will receive an automated email and will return to answer you as soon as possible.
Please Login to ask your question.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
My class enjoyed your mystery packet "The Case of the Mischief Maker Case 2" so much that they asked if they could do mystery case 1. I'm not sure if you made a Mystery case 1 but if you did, I would love to purchase it.
Thanks so much!!!! Great activity!!!