This is a collection of the Name Games that I play with my class each morning during our calendar/circle time to pick my helper of the day. The students love the excitement of seeing who will be the "special person" each day! There are so many early foundational literacy skills learned through these games and I do them in the following order since they tend to go along with the skills we are working on in class and gradually before more difficult. Some skills taught include letter recognition, syllables, writing and letter formation, rhyming, adjectives, beginning sounds, buidling simple words, and so much more!
1. Name Cheer (Pages 2-6)
2. Rhyming Name Game (pgs 7-10)
3. Hangman Name Game (pgs 11-12)
4. Diamond Gem Name Game (pages 13-18)
5. Christmas Naughty or Nice Name Game (pages 19-20)
6. Making Words Name Game (pgs 21-23)
7. Special, Special Star Name Game (pgs. 24-27)