New Years Poems / Songs – 2014
17 page file – All Illustrated with New Years Graphics-
8 Songs/Poems sung to popular children’s songs.
2 Versions of each – full color and black and white for students to color.
Just choose those you like, and print just those pages.
5 pages of large New Year’s images to cut out and glue onto shared reading charts.
Sing to familiar tunes, or chant.
Use some or all year after year.
1. Sing or read when your students return to school after the holiday break.
2. Use for guided reading groups.
3. Create a poem/song center.
4. Make large charts for shared reading, using the colorful pictures on the last 5 pages of the file to glue onto chart paper.
5. Practice finding rhyming words.
6. Find word wall words.
7. Use for reading fluency practice.
8. Send home for extra practice.
Note: Punctuation is sentence style, so capital letters are only used when a new sentence begins. It has been my experience that this helps students to realize that when they are writing, each line does not need to begin with a capital letter… just each new sentence.
New Year;s Poems, New Year's Songs, New Year's Printables, New Year's Activities, New Year's fluency, New Year's shared reading, New Year's group work, New Year's Ideas