63 Slides! My students love to review using this Jeopardy Powerpoint review game. I have found that my students pay far greater attention to the review when it is in a competitive game format.
Search words: photosynthesis, Autotrophs, Heterotrophs, ADP, ATP, electron transport chain, light reaction, dark reaction, Calvin cycle, pigments, chlorophyll, photosystem, ATP synthase.
This review game has 6 categories with 5 questions in each category.
Please download my free preview. The preview consists of the first 13 slides of the game.
Topics covered are:
1) Autotrophs, Heterotrophs, the flow of energy through an ecosystem.
2) Chemical energy and ATP: definitions/explanations of ADP and ATP, the structure of ATP, how ADP becomes ATP, uses of ATP
3) Overview of photosynthesis
4) Chlorophyll and other pigments: pigment, chloroplasts, chromoplasts, visible spectrum, absorption and reflection of different wavelengths of light, types of chlorophyll
5) Leaf Anatomy: cuticle, palisade, spongy cells, mesophyll, stomata, vascular bundle, xylem, phloem
6) Structure of the Chloroplast: outer membrane, inner membrane, thylakoids, grana, stroma, chlorophyll, photosystems.
7) Electron carriers: energy levels of electrons, excited electrons, electron transport chain, NADP+, NADPH.
8) An overview of the stages of photosynthesis Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ÃƒÂ¯Ã‚Â¿Ã‚Â½ light dependent reactions and light independent reactions. Includes an equation for photosynthesis that outlines the reactants and the products of photosynthesis.
9) The Light reactions: photosystem I and photosystem II, splitting of water molecules, electron transport chain, production of ATP and NADPH, release of oxygen, ATP synthase
10) Calvin Cycle: includes basics of carbon fixation, reduction of PGA to form PGAL, regeneration of RuBP, how glucose if formed
11) Water loss from the plant
12) Factors affecting the rate of photosynthesis: water, temperature, light intensity
This powerpoint jeopardy game was written with a typical biology I class in mind.
NOTE: This PowerPoint is also included in a bundled package containing 15 products (labs, notes, quizzes, homework assignments, unit test) on photosynthesis. The bundled package can be viewed here: Photosynthesis Complete Unit Plan of 15 Products
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for looking.
You might also be interested in the following:
Photosynthesis Powerpoint with Teacher and Student Notes
Lab: Leaf Structure and Function
Lab: Pigment Chromatography
Lab: Stomata - Gateways into the Leaf
Photosynthesis Homework Assignments - Set of 3
Photosynthesis Crossword Puzzle
Photosynthesis Quizzes - Set of 3
Photosynthesis Complete Unit Plan - 15 separate products
Biology Lab: Stomata - Gateways into the Leaf
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)