This Poetry Unit helps the teacher familiarize their students with a variety of poetry styles before asking the students to analyze a handful of poems. Then students work on creating their own poems and practice reading them out loud before performing in their very own Poetry Slam competition!
Poetry Unit includes:
1) A guide for the teacher that covers six weeks of lesson ideas in
*NEW* Calendar that outlines all six weeks to aid in planning!
2) A 2-page poetry styles handout with a description and samples of 13 different types of poems
3) Set of 12 poems for students to read and analyze
*NEW* Now includes a one page suggestion of additional poems to use in the classroom!
4) Two PowerPoints with step-by-step analysis of poems to practice with students
5) Poetry templates for 8 different types of poems (sonnet, haiku, diamonte, cinquain, etc)
6) Poetry Portfolio requirements and directions
7) Sample students poetry portfolio setup
8) Poetry Slam PowerPoint guide
9) Documents to help organize and assess a Poetry Slam
a) Poetry Slam score cards
b) Guide for adding up points
c) List of the Slam rules
d) Poetry slam invite for parents / teachers
To purchase above items separately, check out:
1. Poetry Template Guides for Students
2. Poetry Analysis with Shakespeare, Poe, and Mother Goose
3. Poetry and the Art of Hosting a Poetry Slam