**Updated 12/29/12 - Updated cover page and gave more room for constructed response! Please re-download for latest copy! :)**
**NOTE** You will need the book Two Bad Ants by Chris Van Allsburg for this activity. :)
I love Chris Van Allsburg and I use his books ALL the time to teach all KINDS of ELA concepts!
I love using Two Bad Ants to teach Perspective/Point of View. This book works WONDERFULLY!
I have created a mini unit to go along with this book. It would take 2-3 days, depending on how much time you are allotted and the ability of your students.
These activities not ONLY focus on perspective/point of view, but making inferences and comparing and contrasting.
This mini unit contains:
- Two Bad Ants vocabulary chart using dictionary skills (Common Core based)
- "Well, the way I see it is..." Point of View worksheet - students read short passages and write short answers
- "Two Bad Ants - Point of View" chart to compare/contrast the ants' point of views from the story and our literal point of view
- "What is point of view?" - factors that contribute to an individual's PoV activity w/s (could be used on Smart Board)
- "Personal Perspectives" activity w/s - comparing and contrasting students's PoV, teacher's PoV, and a peer's PoV on specific topics given (I think this will be the MOST fun to do!)
-"...and what if YOU were an ant?" - 3 mini constructed responses making text-to-world and text-to-self connections using perspective
This unit is based on Common Core Reading Standard RL.3.6.
Thank you for such sweet and encouraging feedback! :)
April 9, 2013
April 6, 2013
March 28, 2013
I love this.
March 27, 2013
Great set of activities
March 23, 2013
March 21, 2013
March 19, 2013
March 17, 2013
Great, very helpful. Thank you!
March 15, 2013
I like this unit, however it doesn't entirely revolve around Two Bad Ants, which is what I assumed all of the activities would do in this unit. Overall it's a good unit of study for Point of View. The graphics are really cute!
Hi I am a speech and language pathologist and used this will a social language group today and the combination of your packet and the book were a great start to perspective taking! We will be following up with more of the packet next session! Thank you