This quiz was written to test the material on my ecology unit called, Population Ecology
This document can be used as a quiz, as a homework assignment or as test review. The document contains 33 questions. There are 30 fill in the blank questions and 3 short answer questions. Answer key is provided.
This product is also included in a complete unit plan bundle that includes everything you need to complete a unit on this topic: Population Ecology Complete Unit Plan.
This quiz is appropriate for biology or life science students in grades 7 - 12.
Topics covered in this lesson are:
1. Characteristics of Populations: Definition of population, geographic distribution, density, dispersion, growth rate, and age structure.
2. Types of Dispersion: Clumped, even, and random, definitions and examples are given.
3. Population Dynamics: Birth rate, death rate, life expectancy.
4. Patterns of mortality: Survivorship Curves, the three types are defined and explained, examples given.
5. Life Histories: Big-bang reproduction and repeated reproduction
6. Population Growth: Growth rate, factors that determine the size of a population, migration, density, exponential growth, carrying capacity, limits to population growth, graphs of different types of population growth, logistic growth, assumptions of the exponential model and the logistic model.
7. Limits to Growth: Limiting factors, examples of limiting factors, density-dependent factors, competition, predation, parasitism, disease, territoriality, density independent factors.
8. Human Population Growth: The history of human population growth, current human population growth, demographic transition, age-structure diagrams.
The download will include both a Word document as well as a pdf form of the quiz.
Related products include:
Introduction to Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Population Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Community Ecology PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Ecosystems and the Biosphere Part 1: Energy Flow and the Recycling of Matter PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Ecosystems and the Biosphere Part 2: Biomes of the World PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Humans and the Environment PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Set of 6 Ecology Crossword Puzzles - FREE
FREE! Backyard Ecology: An Ecological Assessment of Your Back Yard
Population Ecology Homework Assignments / Study Guide
Population Ecology Unit Test
Population Ecology Review PowerPoint Q/A
Population Ecology Lab: The Wild Bean Population
Ecology Activity: Modeling Population Growth
Amy Brown - Science Stuff