Literacy/Science/Math President's Day Thematic Unit
This product is fantastic for the Kindergarten-First grade level. However, this unit can easily be adapted for several grade levels. This product is a PDF file.
- My President's Day Easy Reader
- President Washington Upper/Lowercase ID page
- President Lincoln Upper/Lowercase ID page
- Math Center/Daily 5 Game (match addition sentence to solution)
- Math Center/Daily 5 Game Addition Record Sheet
- Hands-on Science Experiment (What will change the penny?) (materials, supply list, photos)
- Hands-On Experiment Record Sheet (my prediction, my results)
- Hands-on Experiment coin sorting map
- Penny Spill Worksheet (math tally worksheet-spill the coins, tally heads/tails)
- President Lincoln Craft (instructions, supply list, photos)
- President/Principal comparison (can/is, portraits, venn diagram)
- "If I were president" writing prompt/paper
- "Dear Mr. President" writing/prompt paper
- Color & BW white President Lincoln Reader
- Color & BW President washington reader
*** 3/3/12 Additional pages added. Be sure to download the updated version, enjoy! ***
My kiddos love these activities! I'm glad to share with others!
February 22, 2012
Awesome Unit! There were many activities that I can easily implement for students of all levels in my classroom. I can't wait to use it next week with my kiddos (I know they will enjoy the activities too!)!
With the penny spill I pair students in groups of two. I give them a small cup with 1 penny. You could place more than one penny in each cup as well. The students dump the cup and make a tally on their sheet for heads or tails. Please let me know if you have any other questions! :) You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org