Engage your students in this NEWLY UPDATED
two day long lesson which includes PowerPoint presentation, student notes, “Don’t Hold Your Breath” lab, and student friendly diagrams for labeling. These condensed system notes are designed in a straightforward and simplistic manner to allow for elaboration, question and answer period, and extension where desired. Notes are organized and easy to understand. Students listen to lecture, watch the engaging PowerPoint (which includes blue hyperlinks to cool websites, bell work/sponges with animated answers, animated slides that have simple artwork to help solidify difficult concepts), and instead of writing tedious notes, they fill in the blanks of key words for each system. The notes then lead into engaging labs and projects for the Respirator system. Students will learn about the structure and function of the organs of the Respiratory system. They will make the connection between the need for oxygen and Cellular Respiration within cells. Students will then use the “Don’t Hold Your Breath” lab to determine their lung capacity using balloons and rulers and will get them thinking about how environmental and genetic factors can affect the amount of air the lungs can hold.
This unit is a great representation of the kind of lessons and powerpoints you will find in our 6-7 week long Human Body Bundled Unit
which covers all 11 systems with a 150+ slide ppt and 90+ handouts:
1. Human Body Intro – An Insider’s Look
which includes Interactive Notebook Word Dissections
2. The Issue With Tissue Scienstructable
3. Integumentary System
4. Muscular System
5. Skeletal System
which includes the Dem Crazy Bones
6. Skeletomuscular System Scienstructable Muscle Model
7. Digestive System
which includes our Digestion Story: An Epic Tale of a Food’s Digestive Journey
8. Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
9. Nervous System
which includes our Interactive Brain Scienstructable and Graphic Organizer
10. FREE LESSON- Respiratory System
11. Reproductive and Endocrine Systems
which includes our Interactive TED The Endocrine Diagram Graphic Organizer
12. Urinary System
13. Human Body Systems Scienstructable Study Guide
14. FULLY EDITABLE
Final Assessment with 30 questions aligned to the bundle’s notes and activities.
Please consider following our store for updates and sales news and take a look at Getting Nerdy with Mel and Gerdy‘s:
Getting Nerdy Blog
We aim to please. Before leaving feedback, please contact us via "Ask a Question" and let us know if we can help make our products better for you and your students.
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Human Body: Respiratory System © 2014 by Getting Nerdy, LLC