This pack contains the following science activities:
1) Living/Nonliving picture and characteristics card sort for centers with a response sheet
2) "Science Explorer" card game for centers or to send home 3) A characteristics of living things poster and facts sheet
4) A printable reading book that focuses on the characteristics of living things
5) 3 activity sheets: Cut-and-glue, an outdoor drawing activity, and a draw and write page
6) A writing/drawing response sheet for the topic addressed to parents It lists the characteristics of living things.
7) Living and Nonliving CVC reading game with a black-and-white response sheet & full-color sheet that can be laminated
8) Teacher notes on the topic and a list for further reading
This packet addresses the following learning standard in science and language arts (Common Core) for kindergarten:
Illinois State goal 12.A.1a Identify and describe the component parts of living things (e.g., birds have feathers; people have bones, blood, hair, skin) and their major functions. (Students who meet this standard will, among other things, be able to: Apply scientific inquiries or technological designs to introduce basic needs, characteristics and component parts of living things, comparing living and non-living things, describing basic needs and characteristics of living things.)
RF.K.2. Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes). Isolate and pronounce the initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes) in three-phoneme (consonant-vowel-consonant, or CVC) words.1 (This does not include CVCs ending with /l/, /r/, or /x/.)
RF.K.3. Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words. Read common high-frequency words by sight (e.g., the, of, to, you, she, my, is, are, do, does).
RF.K.4. Read emergent-reader texts with purpose and understanding.
W.K.2. Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to compose informative/explanatory texts in which they name what they are writing about and supply some information about the topic.
If you like this product, please take a minute to "LIKE" it and "PIN" it! Thanks in advance! :)