Do you love science? Do you students love to learn new things? Then you will love this Science Contributors Mini Unit!! This unit will teach your students about five inventors and their inventions. This includes eleven Literacy Centers Activities for you to use in your classroom!! The students will practice homophones, inflectional ending, word wall words, science vocabulary and much more!! This pack includes:
1. 4 pages of facts on FIVE Inventors, one for each day of the week. I've also included books to use and recording sheet.
2. Be a Word Inventor: Create words with -ed or -ing. Students will practice dropping the e and doubling the final consonant.
3. 2 posters for your students, 2 for the Focus Wall, to remind your students to drop the e or double the final consonant
4. Science Homophones with a recording sheet.
5. Science Vocabulary Cards
6. 2 ABC order Activities
7. An Airplane Adventure - Create a book idea with teacher and students samples
8. Word Wall Activity
I have been teaching first grade for the past nine years. I love this age! I believe in making learning fun for my students. I strive to create fun, hands on activities. Many of my materials can be used for second grade as well.