Read and Write the Room is an inviting part of our literacy program.
Searching for Shamrocks engages children as they search the classroom for colorful shamrocks containing 20 St. Patrick's Day vocabulary words. The kiddos love it, and it gives me a chance to individually assess mastery of Language skills.
Directions for use and Common Core Standards are included.
Directions for use:
1) Teachers print, laminate, and cut out the word cards.
2) Teachers print the recording sheets and place the word cards throughout the room for students to find.
3) Students search the room for Shamrock Syllable cards.
4) Once students locate the word cards, they read the words, count the syllables in the words, and write the words on the recording sheet according to the correct number of syllables in each word.
5) Students then read their words to the teacher.
Certainly! I just took a minute to download myself to make sure there wasn't an issue! I'm sorry you are having trouble! Thank you so much for trying my product! It's on its way!
March 4, 2012
Laura - I just downloaded your Shamrock Syllable Sort... What a fabulous freebie! Thanks so much! Just what I needed for a literacy center! I believe it said there was a recording sheet but I don't think I saw one in the PDF??? Just wondering if there is one before I create something.