This document includes:
1. Reading questions and answers for the Sherlock Holmes stories "A Scandal in Bohemia," "The Man with the Twisted Lip," "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle," "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," and "The Adventure of the Dancing Men"
2. a multiple quiz with answers for each story
3. observation puzzles to begin the unit
4. a rubric and explanation sheet for students to write a "Sherlock Holmes Handbook"
5. an assignment to make a selection of character cards for Sherlock's file
6. a graphic organizer to analyze atmosphere in three of the stories
7. questions for discussion or essays
I chose five of the most exciting stories that hinge on suspense and atmosphere. Students love these stories!