Show & Tell a Story is a game that helps students reinforce what they know about the structure and purpose of narrative writing.
1. Players use picture cards to create a story.
2. They TELL their story to a partner, and SHOW the accompanying pictures.
3. They earn points by including each story element.
4. They play a bonus round, where they earn or lose points when they answer fun questions about their story.
5. Students may use their Show & Tell Story as inspiration for their next writing project.
Show & Tell a Story Reinforces the following Grade 3 Common Core State Standards for Writing and Speaking/Listening...
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.3 Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.3.1b Follow agreed-upon rules for discussions (e.g., gaining the floor in respectful ways, listening to others with care, speaking one at a time about the topics and texts under discussion).
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.3.4 Report on a topic or text, tell a story, or recount an experience with appropriate facts and relevant, descriptive details, speaking clearly at an understandable pace.
Thank you for visiting my store!
If you're happy with this resource, please come back and leave me a rating. I love hearing from you! :)
Also find me here...
A word about copyright...All rights reserved. This product is bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact the author if you wish to be granted special permissions.