Search words Significant digits, significant figures, scientific measurement
This is a set of notes to accompany my powerpoint presentation on Significant Digits. It includes a complete set of notes for the teacher (4 pages), and an outline of the notes for the students (5 pages). Students will use this outline as the powerpoint is being presented and will fill in the notes as the lesson is being taught.
Topics covered are:
1) What are significant digits?
2) Importance of significant digits
3) All rules for determining how many significant digits are in a measurement.
4) How to round a number to a given number of significant digits.
5) The use of significant digits in mathematical operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
6) Loads of practice problems.
The powerpoint is available as a separate purchase.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for looking.
This product, along with 7 other products, is included in a bundled unit plan on Significant Digits. Click here to see the listing for the complete unit plan: Significant Digit Bundled Unit Plan
This product is included on my Science Skills CD, a shipped item.
The CD contains 51 different products on science skills, including metric system, scientific method, scientific notation, graphing, significant digits and more.
My other products related to this topic are:
Calculating With Significant Digits/Metric Quiz
Rounding and Calculating With Significant Digits
Significant Digits Powerpoint
Significant Digits Practice Worksheet
Test: Scientific Measurement
Significant Digits Jeopardy Review Game
Lab: The Use of Significant Digits in Making Metric Measurements
Amy Brown - Science Stuff