This 49 page product comes with 8 complete literacy centers to promote common core in the classroom. Each center comes with student directions and a recording sheet.
1. Sort It Out: nouns, verbs, and adjectives word sort
2. Express Yourself: 8 writing prompts related to Halloween
3. Fix it Up: task cards with "yucky" sentences for students to hunt for capitalization, punctuation, and spelling errors
4. Happy Halloween: finding smaller words in "Happy Halloween"
5. Spooky Order: ABC order with 12 spooky words
6. Reality or Fantasy: 8 task cards for students to read and determine if the statement is reality or fantasy. This center also includes some extension activities, as well as a blank task cards for teachers to customize with a different extension activity.
7. Frightening Adjectives: 3 bubble maps for students to come up with adjectives (plus writing component to practice writing detailed sentences
8. Oozing with Details: Writing simple 5 sentence paragraphs
Some of the common core standards found in this product are:
L.2.1 and L.3.1 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
W.3.1 Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons.
W.3.2 Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
W.3.3 Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences.
L.3.2 and L.2.2 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
Check out my Spooky Math Centers:
Spooky Halloween [math centers]
Please contact me if you have any questions about this product. Thanks for looking!! Happy Halloween :)