This packet is full of fun, engaging, standards-based math and literacy activities for kindergarteners that celebrate St Patrick's Day!!!
It includes six, ready-to-print, ready-to-use centers for a kindergarten classroom. The following topics are covered: addition (sums to 12), subtraction to 12, writing numbers to 100, reading cvc words, sight words, and writing cvc words.
Centers include the following:
1. Hop Into Addition: Students choose a game-board which has the numbers from 2 to 12 on it. During each turn, the student chooses a card from the pile. They solve the addition problem and cover the sum on their game-board. They continue until someone covers all of the numbers on the game-board. A recording sheet is also provided if you want to use it.
2. Rainbow Take-Away: This activity has 4 game-boards and game cards with all subtraction facts through 12. Students choose a card and solve the subtraction problem. If they are correct, they roll a dice and move that number of spaces.
3. Rainbow Writing to 100: Students practice writing numbers to 100; there are several different versions of the 100s chart. There is a blank one for students to write numbers independently; there is one where students trace the numbers. There are also three others where students fill in the missing number. The pages could be printed as worksheets; they could also be laminated or put in sleeve protectors for students to use with dry erase markers.
4. Looking for Reading Gold!: Students read cvc words and match the words with pictures in a game-based activity. A recording sheet is available, if you choose to use it.
5. Leaping Sight Word Bingo: Students play a sight word bingo game focusing on the first 25 Fry Words.
6. Lucky Words: Students use dry erase markers or magnetic letters to write/build cvc words. These can be printed and laminated or placed in sheet protectors so that students can write with a dry erase marker. Students can also use magnetic letters or letter tiles to build the words. There is a recording sheet included also.
I hope you find this product useful for your classroom!!
Thanks for looking and happy teaching!!!
Clip Art purchased from Scrappin' Doodles