Students will build deep conceptual understanding of number families, place value, and hundred chart patterns with these 4 workstation activities featuring festive St. Pattie's Day cows.
- Teacher notes
- Student instructions for all four activities. Cards include instructions telling how the students should record their work in their math journal.
1. Four in O'Row: fact families/number bonds combinations for 10
2. O'Hundred Chart Fun: hundred chart puzzles; includes themed O'Hundred Twenty chart
3. O'Tens and Ones: building 2-digit numbers with base ten blocks
3. Shamrock Shake and Spill: composing and decomposing a target number
Common Core Alignment:
K.OA.3--Decompose numbers less than or equal to 10 into pairs in more than one way
K.OA.4--For any number from 1 to 9, find the number that makes 10 when added to the given number
K.OA.5--Fluently add and subtract within 5
1.NBT.6--Add and subtract within 20, demonstrating fluency for addition and subtraction within 10
1.NBT.2--Understand that the two digits of a two-digit number represent amounts of tens and ones
1.NBT.5--Given a two-digit number, mentally find 10 more or 10 less than the number