Acknowledge your students on their birthdays with a thoughtful, inexpensive, and practical gift: pencils! The pencil toppers in this product come in 9 different colors.
1. First, ask your students their favorite colors as part of your beginning of the year "ice breaker" activities.
2. Then, simply print these off.
3. On the blank flowers, write the student's name and birth date.
4. Cut out the flowers. I don't cut each little bump, I leave a thin white border so that the cutouts are all circles (See sample below).
5. Attach each side (with like colors) to the top of a pencil. I use tape.
6. Put all the "flower pencils" into a vase or flower pot. If you wish, add green pipe cleaners for bouquet "filler" (you don't even need to attach them to pencils. It will save you time, and be less of a distraction to the child who is trying to write with the pencil).
Then, which a child comes in in the morning and announces, "It's my birthday, where should I put the cupcakes?" You can answer, "Over there, and Happy Birthday! You can go get your pencil from the bouquet." The beauty of this system is, once you set it up at the beginning of the year, you have a colorful display until the very last birthday, you aren't taking up a whole bulletin board with a birthday display, you don't have to worry about remembering students' birthdays (they will tell you because they are going to want their flower!) and you won't even need to go looking for gifts because they're right where the kids can get them themselves.
Note: Pencils not included. You might want to use pencils with fun patterns, as opposed to basic yellow No. 2.
***Now includes Spanish translation! As per a customer request, I've added ¡Feliz Cumpleaños! in every color! ***