Included in this download is a list of 13 Thanksgiving prompts that can be printed and glued into students’ writer’s notebooks as suggestions for when students can’t think of anything to write about. Also included are printable prompt cards in both color and black and white. They can easily be laminated and used for centers. Lined writing paper in both color and black and white is also included.
The Common Core State Standard for grade 3 writing and beyond that apply:
• W.3.10. Write routinely over extended time frames (time for research, reflection, and revision) and shorter time frames (a single sitting or a day or two) for a range of discipline-specific tasks, purposes, and audiences. These writing prompts will help students achieve this standard.
Students can respond to the prompts by:
• Making lists
• Writing paragraphs
• Making a Timeline
• Creating interview questions
These writing prompts can be used in the following ways:
• Daily journal writing suggestions
• Writing center activities
• Writing assessments
• Whole-group shared writing lessons
• Planting seeds in the writer’s notebook
• Any other creative way you come up with
Click the link below for a Thanksgiving Writing Project:
Friendly Letters of Thanks to the Ones We Love
Copyright © 2012 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.