A great mini-unit for mixed up fairy tales!
The Three Little Pigs
1. Sequence Activity-Students cut out the sentence strips and glue them in order on a blank piece of paper.
2. Students find similarities & differences between 2 versions of The Three Little Pigs by charting the characters, beginnings, middles, and ends.
3. Venn Diagram-Students choose 2 versions of The Three Little Pigs to compare.
4. Writing Activity: (1) Students write about what they would use to build their house in order to stay away from the Big Bad Wolf. (2) Students write & draw their favorite part of the book. (3) Students write/draw what each pig used to make their house.
5. 2 Class Graphs-(1) Students graph their favorite version of The Three Little Pigs. (2) Students decide who told the true story (pigs or wolf).
6. Puppets-Students can use these puppets to re-enact the story at a drama station/center.
7. Pig Craft-Students can make their own little pig!