FUN WITH GREAT WORKS is a series of reproducible, spiral-bound booklets based on classroom novels and nonfiction books. This edition contains 40 pages of word puzzles! All answers are related to the book! 21 EDITIONS IN ALL AVAILABLE AS DOWNLOADS OR HARD COPIES!
The puzzles are clever and unique--not your typical word puzzles.
Here are some of the categories of puzzles in the various editions. (Note: Puzzles will vary per booklet.)
ÃƒÂ¯Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã‚Â· criss crosses
ÃƒÂ¯Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã‚Â· word searches
ÃƒÂ¯Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã‚Â· fractured maxims
ÃƒÂ¯Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã‚Â· word merges
ÃƒÂ¯Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã‚Â· and more!
Students might be asked to:
* Supply synonyms for challenging vocabulary words.
* Unscramble key terms and main ideas.
* Form thought-provoking quotations from an assortment of letters.
* Decode encrypted words or phrases.
* Discover homophones.
* Identify or complete examples of figurative language.
* Translate the bookÃƒÂ¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½s dialects, idioms. or foreign terms.
* Identify characters from quotations.
* Complete analogies.
* Unravel merged words to form key terms and phrases.
* Rearrange "fractured" sentences to form famous quotations related to the themes of the book.
* Spell out key words in puzzle grids, based on the number of letters each word has.
* Complete crosswords with story elements and facts from the book.
FUN WITH GREAT WORKS word puzzles require students to use their knowledge of the book
their knowledge of
spelling, phonics, vocabulary, and language!
***Fun with Great Works puzzles are perfect filler activities for after tests or at the end of a period!***
NEW EDITIONS ARE IN THE WORKS, SO CHECK BACK OFTEN! DON'T SEE YOUR FAVORITE TITLE? SEND ME A COMMENT THROUGH TEACHERS PAY TEACHERS!
# of Pages/Slides: