"The Bet" by Anton Checkhov Lesson Resources Bundle
These materials do not require any prep and can be used as an emergency lesson for a sub.
This is a complete lesson pack for the short story "The Bet." All of the documents are alterable so that you can tailor them for your purposes. Also, all of the graphic organizers can be used for any literary piece. All of the worksheets are MS Word and .pdf files.
For your convenience, the free preview contains everything that is included (as quarter page thumbs or with a watermark) so that you can see everything before making a purchase.
The .zip folder includes:
1. Lesson Plan with step-by-step instructions on how to use the materials.
2. MS Word and .pdf story guide with a preview, a KWL chart, prereading vocabulary, reading and comprehension questions, a literary review, and a critical thinking quickwrite.
3. Answer Key
4. Author's Purpose Diagram
5. Characterization Chart
6. Historical Analysis Chart
7. Plot Diagram
8. Read For Detail 5W and H Chart
9. Setting Chart
10. Style Chart
11. Symbol Chart
12. Symbolism Chart
13. Theme Diagram
14. Universal Plot Diagram
15. Venn Diagram
16. Powerpoint Characterization
17. Powerpoint Irony and Ambiguity
18. Powerpoint Narration
19. Powerpoint Plot Structure
20. Powerpoint Symbolism
21. Powerpoint Theme
22. Peer Evaluation Handout
We hope that these save you some time! Also, we try to keep within the highest quality for all of our materials so please feel free to suggest how we might improve our products! Also, if you liked this mini-unit please check out our other short story materials here:
Thanks for browsing!
Quality Teaching Products
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License