This 111 page bundle includes four of my figurative language packs at a discounted price!
This bundle is aligned to the Common Core with the standards included for grades 3-6.
Included units are:
1. Creative Fun with Idioms
Get your students excited about idioms with this unit! Pages included are:
1. Idiom Introduction/ Definitions (Figurative and Literal)
2. Idiom Activity Cards (can be used in a variety of ways)
3. "A Crazy Tale"- Idioms in Our Classroom- Motivate your class by incorporating students' names in an idiom story activity. Unit includes both color and black/white versions with key.
4. Literal and Figurative Drawing Activity
5. "The Birthday Surprise"- Idioms in Context (both color and black/white versions included)
6. Literal Idiom Art Activity- fun drawing activity for students (boy and girl versions included)
7. Idiom List- a handy list of idioms that can be used for activities in this unit as well as your own activities, creative writing, etc.
8. Idiom Poetry Page
2. Teaching Onomatopoeia: Creative Activities for the Classroom
Add some POP to your onomatopoeia lessons with this unit filled with creative activities! The pages included are:
1. Onomatopoeia Definition Poster
2. Onomatopoeia Illustrations (drawing activity)
3. Card Activity (many different ways to use- suggestions included)
4. Onomatopoeia Comic Strips (writing/drawing activity)
5. List of Words- useful for other activities in the unit- both black/white and color included
6. Writing an Echoic Poem (complete with brainstorming sheet, example, and final copy sheet)
7. A Dramatic Reading- a story activity involving onomatopoeia that requires student participation
3. Teaching Personification: Creative Activities for the Classroom
Make personification COME ALIVE with these activities to enhance your figurative language unit. The activities/pages included are:
1. Personification Definition Poster
2. Writing Sentences with Personification Activity -Students receive sentences and must change them to include personification.
3. Persuasive Writing Activity Using Personification
a. Students receive cards with objects (included in packet)
b. Students write persuasive letters from the point of view of their objects (writing sheets included).
4. Personification Poetry Activity
a. Students receive objects or topics.
b. Students gather ideas for their poems on brainstorming sheets.
c. Students write first copies on rough draft sheets.
d. Students write final copies on object sheets.
Samples are included and six different objects (topics) are included. All sheets necessary for activity completion are included in the packet.
4. Crazy About Consonants: Alliteration Activities
Your students will be crazy about consonants with this 19 page alliteration unit! This unit includes:
1. Tongue Twister Challenge Cards
2. Alliteration Definition Poster
3. Delicious Desserts- writing with alliteration
4. Parts of Speech Activity
5. Writing Poetry with Alliteration
6. Alien Alliteration- writing activity
7. Alliteration Animal Acts- writing/drawing activity
Please download the preview, view the thumbnails, and look at the individual product listings to see some of the pages included.
If you like this bundle, be sure to check out my Figurative Language Fun Pack Activity Bundle
to complete your figurative language unit!
Please note: The Peanut Gallery is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with the creators of the CCSS.
Common Core State Standards © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
The NGA Center for Best Practices (NGA Center) and the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) hereby grant a limited, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to copy, publish, distribute, and display the Common Core State Standards for purposes that support the Common Core State Standards Initiative. These uses may involve the Common Core State Standards as a whole or selected excerpts or portions.
Here’s a complete list of my POETRY /FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE RESOURCES that will make your unit COMPLETE and EASY TO TEACH!
Figurative Language Resources:
The Figurative Language Mega Bundle (Common Core)
The Figurative Language Fun Pack (Activity Bundle)
My Coat of Arms (Writing with Figurative Language)
Creative Fun with Idioms
On Cloud Nine: Idiom Art Activity
Christmas on Cloud Nine: Idiom Art Activity
Idiom Scoot/Task Card Set
Teaching Onomatopoeia: Creative Activities for the Classroom
Teaching Personification: Creative Activities for the Classroom
Crazy About Consonants: Alliteration Activities
Figurative Language Scoot/Task Cards (School Theme)
Figurative Language Word Search Puzzles
Figurative Language Posters (Dog Theme)
Poetry & Figurative Language Poster Bundle ((Dog Theme)
The Simile Sheriff
The Metaphor Magician
The Alliteration Astronaut
The Personification Pirate
The Figurative Language Pharaoh
The Funny Bunny Bundle (Figurative Language Practice)
Simile and Metaphor Funny Faces
Poetry Posters and Practice Pages
A Bite of Poetry (A Poetry Booklet Craftivity)
The Poetry Scavenger Hunt
Poetry Task Cards (Writing Quatrains with Figurative Language)
Weather Acrostic Poetry
School Skills Acrostic Poetry
Flower Acrostic Poetry
The Winter House: Point of View Poetry Templates
Four Seasons of Haiku
Poetry Posters (Dog Theme)
Postcards to the North Pole (Writing Quatrain Poetry)
Christmas Poetry (Rhyming Activity & Writing Couplets)
Halloween Poetry (Rhyming Activity & Writing Couplets)