This unit contains several activities to correspond to "The Kissing Hand" by Audrey Penn.
It encourages the children to reflect on how they felt the first day of school and how their friends feel as well.
The unit also allows you to assess each child's skill level through various simple tasks, while the kids use their new supplies.
1. Story Map
2. First day of school describing words
3. How can we help our friends enjoy school?
4. Kissing hand painting project
5. Graphing our first day of school feelings
6. "On the first day of school I felt..." writing paper
7. I can use glue (practice using small amounts of glue)
8. I can use scissors (straight lines)
9. I can use scissors (wavy lines)
10. I can write my name
11. Interest Interview
12. I know my colors
13. "I can write my ABC's and 123s" practice book (numbers 1-10 and letters A-Z) (In color and B&W)
Thanks for stopping by!! If you enjoy this product, please feel free to visit my Liv to Teach Blog
for more fun ideas, Follow my store for future updates and freebies, or earn TpT credits for items you download by leaving feedback!