The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn is an adorable story about a little raccoon named Chester who is worried about starting school. It is the perfect story to read to your class at the beginning of the school year. I have put together some fun activities that will help your children relate to Chester as well as a cute craft activity of a raccoon. I hope you enjoy these activities as much as we did.
This pack includes:
* Raccoon craft activity.
* Text to self activity about emotions and starting school.
* Making inferences activity about Chester.
* Emergent reader called Chesters Friends
* Fun Graphing activity about Chesters friends
* Number recognition and counting activity
* Cut and paste sight word activity using I, am, at, school.
* Picture/Sounds Sorting activity sheet.
Click here to see my blog post about my Kissing Hand activities
Being an Aussie we have variations with the spelling of some words. I have included sheets with two copies of the different spelling of colour/color and mom/mum where this applies.