A CRYPTOCATEGORY word puzzle is a category of items followed by a coded list. These cryptocategories are categories of items, such as Names, Places, or Setting, from THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST. Below each category is a coded list of words from the book that fall under the categories. For example, under the category of Names might be "Tom," "Dick," and "Harry." "A" might stand for "T," "Y" might stand for "O," "F" might stand for "M," so AYF would decode as TOM. Some hints have been provided, and each category has its own code. NOTE: Cryptocategories are specific to the book. Please see preview.
CRYPTOCATEGORIES require students to use their knowledge of
THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST
their knowledge of
SPELLING, PHONICS, VOCABULARY, and LANGUAGE!
***Perfect filler activities for after tests, between lessons, or at the end of the day!***
Here are all of my fun products over The Light in the Forest:
• Bookmarks Plus: The Light in the Forest edition--Handy Reading Aid!
• The Light in the Forest Trivia Game—Fun for the Whole Class!
• The Light in the Forest: 16 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas
• The Light in the Forest: 4 Novel-Based Word Searches—4 Different Categories!
• The Light in the Forest: 7 Cryptogram Puzzles—Encoded Quotations from the Book!
• The Light in the Forest: 8 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Unique!
• The Light in the Forest: Reading-for-Detail Crossword—Test Review!
• The Light in the Forest: 8 Cryptocategory Word Puzzles—Unique!
• The Light in the Forest: 2 Challenging Words Crosswords—Good Vocab Review!
• The Light in the Forest: Anagram Crossword—Challenging & Fun!
• The Light in the Forest: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two!
• The Light in the Forest: Synonym/Antonym Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus!
• The Light in the Forest: Prereading Crossword—50 Words to Familiar Students with Vocabulary Before Reading the Book!
Word-wise Educational Products--over 600 fun and challenging products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching--Fun Learning!