This packet is based off the book, The Sign of the Beaver, by Elizabeth George Speare. This is a great packet to use for guided reading groups, literature circles, individual reading, or whole class novel study.
The purpose of this packet is for students to respond to each chapter as they read and to organize their thoughts. Students will learn new vocabulary, make connections, predictions, and summarize each chapter.
This packet includes 33 pages:
* Full Color Cover Page
* Teacher Information Page
* Reading Assignment Chart
* Chapter Vocabulary - Students fill in meaning of words as they read along.
* 3 response pages. You choose the format you like best.
* Character Map
* Story Map
* 6 pages of writing response topics, great for practicing extended response. Each topic relates to the story.
* Venn Diagram compare/contrast the two main characters
* Matt's Journal Activity - Teacher instructions with key concepts for each chapter and blank Matt's Journal Page
* Vocabulary Cards
* 5 Pages of Literature Circle Sheets: Leader, Illustrator, Connector, Summarizer, Vocabulary
**** Please see the PREVIEW before purchasing to get a good idea of what you are purchasing. I have included a preview of many of pages that are included in the packet.***
For more ideas visit my blogs at:
Follow me and get the latest news and products at:
Reading response, guided reading, literature circle, the sign of the beaver, writing response, extended response, worksheet, packet, handout