PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
6.48 MB | 23 pages
Using fairy tales is a great way to build reading comprehension and develop students' reader responses. This Three Little Pigs unit has a range of activities, including drama and singing, to help you cater to the different needs in your classroom and to allow your students to have fun with literacy. The unit includes the following:
1. Text comprehension questions
2. Higher order, personal connection and critical thinking questions
3. Story mapping worksheets covering setting, characters and plot, including extension questions
4. Reader's Theatre Script and full-page colored character images
5. Song lyrics which could be sung to the tune of "the Farmer in the Dell", retelling the story
6. A suggested teaching plan
7. An answer key
A second version of each worksheet is included with dotted lines for those students who still need to practice their printing and proper letter formation.
Other reading comprehension units you may be interested in: