This unit includes 55 pages of math and literacy ideas to correspond to four of Eric Carle "treasured stories". These stories include: The Grouchy Ladybug, A Very Hungry Caterpillar, The Lonely Firefly, and Papa, Please Get the Moon for Me. This unit includes:
- A glyph activity with graphing
- Sequencing activities
- Text-to-text and text-to-self activities
- Long I sorting
- Compound word creation
- Science connections with the ladybug life cycle
- Vocabulary word cards
- Fraction activity
- 12 math problem solving prompts
- Haiku and acrostic poetry prompts
There are templates and photos needed to complete different activities. Thanks for looking!
This has some great activities however, I would say it is not appropriate for the Kindergarten level. I downloaded it for a Kindergarten classroom and think it would be WONDERFUL for first or even early in the year in second grade.