Get ready to FALL IN LOVE with the story Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch! This unit is an activity unit based on this book written by Eileen Spinelli.
Please Note - The book Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch is NOT INCLUDED in this unit. You must purchase the book on your own as it is copyrighted material. This Activity Unit is to be used with the story.
In this unit, you will receive:
* Two different Mr. Hatch Craftivities. One Mr. Hatch Craftivity allows the students to trace and cut out the pieces to make Mr. Hatch out of construction paper. The other craftivity is a little bit easier. It allows the students to color in Mr. Hatch's face and still cut out the hat and heart craft.
* Beginning, Middle, and End heart-shaped writing paper for the Heart-Shaped Lift Craft.
* A blank-lined heart paper for you to use for a different type of writing response to the story.
* A Heart-Accordion Booklet to sequence the events in the story using time order words, first, next, then, last.
* Character Trait "chocolate pieces" to put inside the heart craft that Mr. Hatch holds. This allows you to teach about character traits and how characters change throughout a story.
Thank you so much for your interest in my product!
I read this book each year and I love these activities. They are just what I've needed. My students really enjoyed making Mr. Hatch.Thank you!
February 13, 2013
My favorite Valentine book! Thanks for so many options to use with it!
February 12, 2013
These are great reinforcing activites to do with the book, Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch
February 11, 2013
just bought the book. So many skills are covered with your unit. Thanks!
February 10, 2013
I was so happy to find this darling craft and writing project. This is my favorite book to use for Valentine's Day. A great resource perfectly geared for 2nd grade. I also like the different options you provided. Thanks so much!
February 9, 2013
We made these today. Everything worked perfectly. Kids loved the project and we got lots of complements from the finished products. Great follow-up to a wonderful book.