This packet is full of fun, engaging, standards-based math and literacy activities for kindergarteners around Valentine's Day!!!
It includes six, ready-to-print, ready-to-use centers for a kindergarten classroom.The following topics are covered: measurement, numbers from 11 to 20(working with tens frames), patterns, reading cvc words, opposites, and writing cvc words.
1. How Many Hearts Valentine's Day Measurement: This center has 21 Valentine's Day animals that students can measure using the "heart" ruler included. A recording page is provided for students to show their measuring work.
2. Double Digit Doggies: Students match the numerals 11 to 20 to the corresponding tens frame. This activity helps students developing base-ten concepts. Two different recording sheets/ independent practice pages are included for this center.
3. We Love Patterns: Students extend patterns using hearts that the teacher has printed and cut. A recording sheet is provided for students to show 4 patterns that they made.
4. Penguins Love to Read: Students read cvc words from word cards. If they read the matching picture on their game-board, they cover it up. This continues until someone covers all of the pictures on their game-board. A recording sheet is provided.
5. Opposites Attract: Students draw two cards: one each from the cat pile and the dog pile. If the cards are opposites, the student keeps the cards. If they are not, they return them to the pile. This continues until all matches are made. A recording sheet is provided for students to draw and write 2 pairs of opposites.
6. Fill the Hearts: Students write or build cvc words. Two versions of the direction card are provided; you may choose to print and laminate the cards so students can write the words or you may choose to provide letter tiles or magnetic letters for students to build words. A recording sheet is provided.
I hope you find this product useful for your classroom!!