58 Slides! And notes!
If you have never taught a lesson using a Powerpoint presentation, you have to give it a try! My students always prefer this to a traditional lecture.
This powerpoint is on Viruses and Bacteria. It consists of 58 slides that are colorful, informative and visually stimulating. Pictures and diagrams are included that will greatly enhance your instruction to your students. This product also includes a set of notes for the teacher (10 pages) and a set of notes for the student (12 pages).
Note: This product is also included in my bundled unit lesson plan that can be viewed by clicking this link: Viruses and Bacteria: Complete Teaching Unit containing 14 products
Please download my free preview. The preview consists of the first 13 slides of the presentation with the corresponding notes for the teacher and corresponding notes for the student.
Topics covered are:
1) What is a virus? Includes definitions and the work of two scientists: Beijerinck and Stanley.
2) Characteristics of Viruses
3) Students will label a diagram of a virus.
4) Viruses: Living or Nonliving?
5) Viral reproduction: How do they do it? Includes lytic and lysogenic cycles. Students will label diagrams of both type of reproduction.
7) Comparison of Viruses and Cells
8) Viral Diseases
9) Viroids and Prions
10) Introduction to Bacteria
11) Classification of prokaryotes
12) Characteristics of Bacteria
13) Structure of a bacterial cell: Students will label a diagram of a bacterial cell. All cell structures are fully explained and defined.
14) How do bacteria obtain energy? Discussion of heterotrophs, autotrophs, parasites, saprophytes, photosynthesis and chemosynthesis.
15) Growth and reproduction of bacteria: requirements for growth, binary fission, conjugation, endospore formation
16) The importance of bacteria: Role of decomposers, nitrogen fixation, human uses of bacteria.
17) Bacterial diseases in humans: Ways bacteria cause disease, pathogens, vaccines, antibiotics.
18) Symbiotic relationships: mutualism, commensalism, and parasitism is discussed.
This powerpoint was written with a typical biology I class in mind. It is appropriate for grades 7 - 10. This material is very appropriate for middle school students.
Also included is a set of notes to accompany this powerpoint. It includes a complete set of notes for the teacher, and an outline of the notes for the students. Students will use the outline as the powerpoint is being presented and will fill in the notes as the lesson is being taught. The notes will be in two forms: A word document and a pdf format.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for looking.
You might also be interested in these related products:
Lab: Controlling Bacterial Growth
Viruses and Bacteria: Complete Teaching Unit containing 14 products
Test: Bacteria and Viruses
Lab: Microorganisms in School (Growing Bacteria)
Lab: Soil Communities (Testing for Bacteria in the Soil)
Viruses: Homework and Study guide
Bacteria Quiz or Homework
Bacteria Homework / Study Guide
Viruses Crossword Puzzle
Bacteria and Prokaryotes Crossword Puzzle
Viruses Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
Biology Lab: The Effect of Antiseptics and Disinfectants on Bacterial Growth
Bacteria Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
Ã‚Â© Amy Brown Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½ Science Stuff