This is a unit test on viruses and bacteria.
There are 70 questions of varying formats on the test : Fill in the blank, matching, multiple choice and short answer. All answers are included.
Note: This product is also included in my bundled unit lesson plan that can be viewed by clicking this link: Viruses and Bacteria: Complete Teaching Unit containing 14 products
Topics covered are:
1) What is a virus? Includes definitions and the work of two scientists: Beijerinck and Stanley.
2) Characteristics of Viruses
3) Viruses: Living or Nonliving?
4) Viral reproduction: How do they do it? Includes lytic and lysogenic cycles. Students will label diagrams of both type of reproduction.
6) Comparison of Viruses and Cells
7) Viral Diseases
8) Viroids and Prions
9) Introduction to Bacteria
10) Classification of prokaryotes
11) Characteristics of Bacteria
12) Structure of a bacterial cell
13) How do bacteria obtain energy? Discussion of heterotrophs, autotrophs, parasites, saprophytes, photosynthesis and chemosynthesis.
14) Growth and reproduction of bacteria: requirements for growth, binary fission, conjugation, endospore formation
15) The importance of bacteria: Role of decomposers, nitrogen fixation, human uses of bacteria.
16) Bacterial diseases in humans: Ways bacteria cause disease, pathogens, vaccines, antibiotics.
17) Symbiotic relationships: mutualism, commensalism, and parasitism is discussed.
The test is in "word" format so that you can make changes to better suit your needs. You will also receive a pdf version. Your download will consist of a test that is ready to be copied and passed out to your students.
Please download my free preview. Thanks for looking!
Other products related to this same topic:
Viruses and Bacteria Powerpoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Viruses and Bacteria: Complete Teaching Unit containing 14 products
Lab: Controlling Bacterial Growth
Lab: Microorganisms in School (Growing Bacteria)
Lab: Soil Communities (Testing for Bacteria in the Soil)
Viruses: Homework and Study guide
Bacteria Homework / Study Guide
Viruses Crossword Puzzle
Bacteria and Prokaryotes Crossword Puzzle
Viruses Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
Biology Lab: The Effect of Antiseptics and Disinfectants on Bacterial Growth
Bacteria Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
Ã‚Â© Amy Brown Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½ Science Stuff