Have a blast getting to know your students with this fun-filled Back To School Activity pack. It provides writing activities, math activities and getting-to-know-you activities. Included in this ready to print, copy and hand out package:
* Title Page
* All About Me sheet for the students to fill in, including a picture of their family
* Self-portrait page
* High 5 handprint page
* Brag Page - short writing activity highlighting strengths to build classroom community
* My Favourite Things (duplicate pages - 1 with Canadian 'favourite' and 1 with America 'favorite')
* ABC order of school words - cut & paste activity (answer sheet included)
* ABC math with value chart and answer key
* Introducing... acrostic poem
* Find A Friend treasure hunt - a great first-day activity to get the students moving and help release those jitters!
* My Lucky Numbers - creating number sentences based on important numbers from their lives An excellent way for students to work at their own level.
* Me Too! Venn diagram to compare oneself with a friend
* Meet The Teacher guessing game - a great way to laugh and allow students to know you a better!
* Summer Memories graph - students gather data, create a simple bar graph and analyze their findings
* Patterns - colouring and labeling patterns
* Do You See What I See? creative expression activity
* Odd or Even? math dice game that can easily be adapted for varying levels
Every activity is simple, straightforward and ready to be copied! All activities may be made into one book or specific pages may be taken to create a memory book or time capsule activity. Have students do the activities again at the end of the year so they can see their growth and how they have changed. Some pages have duplicate copies to accomodate Canadian spelling and America spelling of words (favourite/favorite, colour/color). Please contact me if you have any questions. The file is a simple PDF that does require a current version of Adobe.
Enjoy! The Talented Mrs. E
I have used this booklet with grades 3 and 4, and it is perfect for the beginning of the year, the first few days or the first week. The activities can be completed independently at this stage, allowing time to get to know the students in your class. Students in grades 1 or 2 would require too much direction and assistance, thereby defeating the purpose of the booklet. Students in grades 1 or 2 would not be able to create a number sentence based on the last 4 digits of their phone number or be able to accomplish the ABC math! Most activities can be adapted to meet the different needs in the classroom, building up every student's self esteem. For these reasons, I disagree that this is aimed at lower grades. The description is very specific about what the booklet includes. Mrs. E
Amanda, I sent you an email with the attachment. It's in Publisher, not Word. I hope that works for you! I did include additional pages in the download with the spelling changes, so have a look - maybe it will save you some time! Tanya
Thanks Amanda - I was wondering about the spelling after I had posted it! If it works for you, I could email you a Word document after you purchased it to change the words, or I could simply post additional pages with the American spelling. Let me know what works best for you. The graphics are from Lettering Delights. They had a great package deal - a bit tricky to use at first, but a great deal.
Thanks, Tanya Eluik-Prins
Amanda - I reposted the package with additional pages including the America spelling.