This is a fun-filled, engaging activity to practice number recognition by 5s through 120.
This game includes 4 cards each of the numbers 0, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 115, and 120 plus special cards Skip, Draw 2, Go Again, and WILD.
An easy to read Directions page is included for students.
This number game is for 2-6 players. The teacher simply prints, laminates, and cuts the cards apart.
Directions for Play:
1. Students sit in a circle. 5-6 cards are distributed to each player.
2. The extra cards are placed in a stack in the middle of the group.
3. The top card in the stack is turned over.
4. The first player must match the number or the character. If he can match, he places the card on top of the first card. If he cannot match, he draws a card from the stack or plays a special card.
5. Play then moves to the second player.
6. The first player to run out of cards wins.
Options for cards:
Sort the cards by characters and use cards to practice skip counting by 5s.
Play other number games such as Top-it or Battle/War.
Common Core State Standards
1.NBT.1 Read and write numbers to 120.
2.NBT.3 Read and write numbers to 1000.