DNA is something that is generally seen as mysterious or difficult to understand. This 5 minute animation turns that mystery into knowledge.
The videos explains:
- DNA is a molecule
- How DNA acts like a recipe for a living thing
- How Amino acids combine to form proteins
- The importance of proteins in our bodies
- Translation and transcription
- How ribosomes read codons
- The difference between DNA and RNA
- The central dogma of genetics: DNA - RNA - Protein
This video was written for high school level classes but has been used in many middle school and college classes as well.